What happens in our club meetings?
Each meeting is run by the Toastmaster of the evening who chooses the meeting theme and acts as the Master of Ceremonies. Meetings follow a scheduled agenda and members volunteer for roles including the following:
- Prepared speeches – speeches can be on topics from the humorous to the serious and everything in between. You choose.
- Table topics – members present impromptu speeches of up to two minutes in length.
- Evaluations – everyone who speaks at a Toastmasters meeting receives supportive and encouraging feedback with suggestions for improvement.
- Educationals – short training sessions on skills and the Toastmasters organisation.
- Grammarian – reports to the meeting on the use of language and of “filler words” like um and ah.
- Timer – reports to the meeting on the time taken by each speaker.
When and where
We meet fortnightly on Monday evenings, meetings start at 7.30pm and usually finish around 9.00pm. Check out our club calendar for the date of our next meeting.
We meet in the Prosser Quirke Conference Room at the Mainpower Stadium in Rangiora. Click on this link for a map.
Our meetings start in late January and end in mid-December. Note that we do not meet on a public holiday.